KGS Go Tutorial: Play Go!
Now you can finally play a real game! This game will be on a 9×9 board, and you will be given a huge advantage - you will be given nine stones on the board to start out. Starting with these stones you should be able to beat the computer within a few tries.
Here are some tips:
- Make your stones connected together so that the computer can't capture them one or two at a time.
- If a few of your stones do get cut off, don't worry. You start with a big advantage. Losing just a few stones is OK. Sometimes if you try too hard to save a few stones, you end up losing everything.
- Try to make eyes to give your stones life.
- Try to play up against the computer's stones to prevent them from getting a lot of territory. If you see small groups of computer stones, try to capture them!
- Once you don't have any moves left that will give you more points, just pass. When the computer passes too, then the score will be added up for you.